Tuesday, November 04, 2008
* All the networks just called it for Barack Hussein Obama, the next President of the United States.
* Fox News showed Jesse Jackson quietly crying.
* Electoral vote totals so far: Obama 334, McCain 144, with 54 electoral votes still too close to call, including Arizona and North Carolina.
* McCain just conceded, very graciously. Too bad the crowd couldn't be as gracious, but the campaign he and Palin ran had a lot to do with that.
* On to Grant Park, waiting for our President-Elect to make his speech, woohoo!
Update: 11-05-08 12:27 a.m. EST
* Obama speaks. It's a bittersweet moment, Toot not being here to witness this.
* Obama: WE ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
* Now the work of rebuilding our nation begins.
| +Save/Share | |
Links to this post:
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."
-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?
[Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
SEARCH THIS SITE
News & Media Links