Thursday, February 09, 2006

More Bright Spots

Can't we all use a few more bright spots on the horizon? As my Best Imaginary Friend pointed out earlier today, perpetual rage is exhausting, and not healthy for the whole inner peace thing. So I sent her a little link to suggest that perhaps the whole world hasn't gone to complete shit, that is what friends are supposed to do for each other, whether imaginary, or real, we give each other hope.

For you, my collection of imaginary friends, and Marigolds my BIF (Best Imaginary Friend) I offer you more hope than you could imagine possible in a world that seems to have abandoned hope and reason. In fact, this little nugget of a bright spot could actually prove the existance of a higher being:

LOW-FAT DIETS DO NOTHING TO PREVENT HEART DISEASE!

Look, I'd love to hang around and celebrate with you all, but right now, I'm running out to Taco Bell for some of those nachos drowning in Cheese Whiz.

And when I'm done with the Nachos, I'm going to hit Krispy Kreme. And after Kripy Kreme, I'm going for pizza.

If you don't hear from me for a while, it deosn't mean that my arteries have finally closed up, it merely means that I am in a happy food coma.

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • The Civil War Begins
  • Does FOS Syndrome cause OFS?
  • Bright Spots in the Gloom
  • Grammy awards today
  • History Repeating?
  • The Liberal Challenge: Can We Lead?
  • OFS and Other Maladies
  • But if you do a cartoon about it, the Joint Chiefs...
  • Dobson's World
  • Kinda sorta withdrawing from Iraq sometime or othe...

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com