Saturday, September 16, 2006

Not My President

Hello again. I am supposed to be “on hiatus.” In fact, I think I may have even thrown in the towel on political posts, awash as I am in the world of hopeful entrepreneurialism. However…

I caught a G W Bush snippet on Keith Olbermann’s “Countdown” Friday evening. Something about a Rose Garden press conference to advance his call to “redefine” certain articles of the Geneva Convention…

And, I have to reassert…I am SO anti-Bush it hurts. I’m sorry….the man is an idiot. I cannot stand to watch him make “off the cuff” remarks for even ten seconds. He has no idea what he is talking about; that is immediately evident at any press conference where he actually responds, or attempts to respond, to questions put to him directly by reporters. Who does he think he is kidding with his chummy banter with the White House Press Corps? How many people are taken in by that, “I’m a regular guy, but I just happen to be the leader of the free world” persona he has cultivated?

I don’t know about anybody else. But watching a George W. Bush press conference scares the living shit out of me. And disgusts me beyond endurance.

Excuse me. I have to go break something.

posted at 2:55:00 AM by Lisa :-]

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • Dog bites man: Republicans lie to start a war
  • What it's come to
  • Is Schwarzenegger a "compassionate conservative"?
  • Air America To Declare Bankruptcy?
  • Just when you thought you were safely on the road ...
  • Mainstreaming the radical right's concepts
  • Goodbye Ann, I'm Gonna Miss You Like Hell
  • When Ironworkers Attack
  • What a Small World
  • Threatening Iran

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com