Monday, July 02, 2007

I WANT MY JUSTICE!!!!

I thought I was past all of my anger. I thought that all of my outrage at the criminal behavior of this administration was spent, and that the only emotion left was disgust.

I was wrong.

Tonight I am sitting at my computer with a seething anger so powerful, that I feel like a blood vessel might burst. And what good does it do? I watch the cable news shows with those pictures of Scooter Libby and that smug little smile on his face, as if he knew all along that he was never going to see the inside of a jail cell, and that the rule of law was for other people, not him. He knew it all along, it was us chumps, the American citizens, who thought that the laws of this country applied to everyone equally, who got fucked tonight.

We were willing to take a measly conviction of perjury and obstruction, and a thirty-month sentence for the all of the crimes of the last six years, we were willing to get Scooter Libby, instead of the real criminals, Bush and Cheney. We were willing to take Scooter as the sacrificial lamb for all of the criminal acts of the Bush Administration. Now that the fall guy does not have to do the time, I am pissed, and I want my justice. I want all of the criminals. I want impeachment.

I want Bush. I want Cheney. I want Wolfowitz. I want Rumsfeld. I want Tenet. I want Richard Pearl. I want all of those slimy little neo-cons like Stephen Hadley and Elliot Abrams, and Doug Feith. I want Colin Powell and Condaleeza Rice and Alberto Gonzales. I don't just want them impeached, but I want them to pay for their crimes against humanity and the American public with heavy fines and serious time with real criminals.

I would have settled for Scooter Libby.

Bad move George.

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • Join the Resistance: Fall in Love
  • Breaking News: Bush Commutes Libby Prison Sentence
  • Amelia Earhart
  • Analyzing "neoconservatism"
  • Support the Troops?
  • How criminal is President Cheney?
  • Rethinking insurgency, redefining success and prov...
  • Dark Times
  • The Republican version of civil rights (no minorit...
  • Neosegregation

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com