Sunday, March 23, 2008

Throwing in the Towel

I'm really tired of this election. I honestly don't think I can follow this until November. I'm sick of liberals fighting with other liberals, I'm tired of the racism that hides in the corner. I'm disgusted with the sexism that is blatant and hostile. I think we have two really good candidates, but the supporters on both sides have behaved so horribly, I can't even be proud to call myself a Democrat. I'm not one of those idiots who will sit out the election if my candidate doesn't win, I know how high the stakes are. Can someone just give me big remote, so I can fast forward until November?

I'm pretty sure Obama is going to get the nomination, even though he won't have the required number of delegates. That is fine with me, I will vote for him enthusiastically, he is a great candidate, but I'm not so sure he can win in November. He's won more states than Clinton, sure, but many of the states that he's won will be going to the Republicans in the general election. South Carolina, Mississippi, Utah, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Nebraska, Louisiana, Iowa, Texas, Alabama, Wyoming, and most likely Virginia, will all go to McCain. But in the general election, with Obama up against McCain, we'll lose Florida, Ohio, Missouri, and Pennsylvania, and quite possibly some of the traditionally blue states like New Hampshire and Maine. Of course, anything can happen from now until November, but mainstream America is already rearing it's racist head, and I'll bet that this election is going to be particularly nasty.

Wake me up when it's over.

posted at 6:48:00 PM by Tankwoman

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • McCain's war
  • Dick Cheney, short version
  • Now this is different
  • Maverick war policy
  • Richardson Endorses Obama
  • Eruption
  • Springing Into Our Future
  • Clinton-bashing from a surprising source
  • An Announcement
  • Why might the Maverick mix up Al Qa'ida and Iran?

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com