Thursday, May 15, 2008

My First Name Ain't Baby

I love quoting Janet Jackson. It’s not often I get to do it. I mean, I guess I could write a post about Nasty Boys, or Control, or even, What Have You Done For Me Lately, but nothing says it better than the title of this post, and nobody says it better than Janet Jackson.

I have been a bit emotional these last few days, you could blame it on that time of the month, or you could say that I have a hormonal imbalance, or you could be a total A-hole, and tell me not to worry my pretty little head about something like an election.

But don’t ever, ever, call me Sweetie.

I’m really surprised at our Democratic nominee. Maybe he thinks he’s home free, he’s got the delegates, he’s got more super delegates, he’s even got John Edwards. Does he think he doesn't need the support of women? John Edwards can vote at the convention, and his vote will count 10,000 more times than mine, and so can John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy, and George McGovern, but in the fall, John and Ted and George will only get to vote once, as I will, and I'm not voting for a guy who calls women he is not married to, sweetie.

Don’t call me baby, don’t call me mama, don’t call me sweetie, unless you’re married to me, don’t be so familiar, cause I don’t think you’re cute in your jeans, it does nothing for me.

You can call me MS. Tankwoman.

Go Hillary!!!!

Technorati Tags:

posted at 9:47:00 PM by Tankwoman

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • "Munich", "Munich", go away!
  • Fantasy will set you free!
  • Religious Freedom, not so much...
  • That Mississippi win
  • Freedom on the march
  • Misremembering
  • What Are They Worried About?
  • Remembering 1968: Ralf Fücks gives a Green view
  • Reverend Huck for VP?
  • The God Squad

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com