Saturday, July 02, 2005

Impeachment Party!

It's really been a crap week for us liberals, the week beginning with Donald Rumsfeld telling us that we would be at war for twelve more years, like it or not. At mid-week, Bush getting up on prime time, delivering the news that nothing would change, we would continue to stay the course, even if the course led us off of some steep cliff. By the end of this week, the news of Justice O'Connor's retirement was like a kick in the stomach after we're already on the ground. It seems like a final nail in the progressive coffin, after all, we have lost any voice we might have had in all of the branches of government but the legislative, and now, I believe we've lost the courts.

It won't affect me that much, because the right wing is going to try and disembowel Roe VS Wade, and I am pretty much over my childbearing years. Even if I weren't, I am a lesbian, and my birth control is top notch, so I don't have to worry about accidental pregnancies. My sympathy goes out to the rest of the country, but hey, you can always practice abstinance. Have at it. Personally, I find my method of birth control much more effective, and imminently more gratifying, but hey, that's me. I am a little gleeful that all of the hetero folks who were so afraid of gay marriage, will now have to think twice or three times before they get laid, think about those kids, all ten of them, and wonder how they will ever afford to feed them all. Me, I can get laid whenever I want, and I never have to worry.

Okay there was just a tiny bit of news, and I'm not trying to be catty or anything, really. I am not now sitting at my keyboard with a shit eating grin because OMG, Karl Rove is So Busted! Read Newsweek, and then come back and party with me a little, because I've been waiting four and a half years for these guys to get hauled in front of a judge for something! I don't even care if it's just perjury, lying is what these guys do for a living! I've got a pack of Marlbouroughs, a couple of Hostess Cupcakes, a six pack of Miller Lite, and the party is just starting. And who knows, since the Administration is so chock full of liars, maybe by now they have all perjured themselves, and we can see all of their smug asses in front of a Grand Jury.

Let's Get This Party Started!

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • The Word of God on Homosexuality
  • The Leaker Revealed?
  • What would a Christian Right America look like?
  • Various extreme religion items
  • Consequences America Will Suffer If Gay Marriage I...
  • An Empty Seat
  • Will the Inquisition Rise Again?
  • "Freedom and Equality" Comes To Spain
  • Splat
  • Biological Disaster

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com