Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Green Goddess Speaks

I'd like to take a moment to distract everyone from the hot panting frenzy of waiting for the Revelations and Indictments, that I see we are now calling Fitzmas. Yes, I'm waiting, just like everyone else, to see what really comes of this - but I think I'm more of a pessimist than most of my collegues. My hopes are not very high. In the meantime, life goes on. Back in August I wrote about a green/conserving/enviro/sustaining show that the British were lucky enough to be able to watch and learn from, No Waste Like Home, the brainchild of a fantastic woman named Penny Poyzer. The first series of shows has finished now, on the BBC2, but her fans are hoping she'll be back. My favorite greenblog, City Hippy, where they are huge fans of the show, obtained an interview with Poyzer, which they are publishing in three parts. The first part is up now: Poyzer Parlay, the City Hippy Interview with Penny Poyzer, Part 1. CH's first question to Penny is: "What first prompted you to be green?" To which she replies:

Well way back me dear, when I was about 8, as a kid, I was very adventurous and went off on long bike rides, to the sea, local rivers, woods or parkland. I loved nature and remember being very young when I first got 'hooked' on the smell of apple blossom.

For as long as I can remember, I have had a very personal connection with our gorgeous, beautiful, perfumed, planet. I love her and and felt she loved me.

She has always provided me with a sense of peace and security - and joy.
You have to love this woman. Or, at least, I certainly do. I'd like to enlist everyone's help in getting this program aired in this country. The best Reality TV you could imagine. Please contact BBC America and request that they show the British series here. An even better idea would be to get Penny to come over and teach some of our citizens how to live in a greener and more sustainable fashion!

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • No Joking Matter
  • Twas the Night Before Fitzmas.....
  • Plame case documents: Whitewash reports
  • Toxic Gimcrackery?
  • America's shame
  • Exposing the Big Lie
  • It Was Dick!
  • I know it isn't polite...
  • Rumsfeld at Large
  • Kansas Experiments With Equality

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com