Sunday, March 19, 2006

California kicks ass...in a peaceful way


I'm exhausted. I really am. But I really needed to get some of these pictures up to let people know that the rally in Los Angeles went really well. Organizers estimated the crowd at about 20,000. The police I spoke to estimated the crowd at about 1300. That's really the number they kept telling me (and there were a lot of police). I'm guessing someone higher up told them to spread that number around. Now I'm not certain there were 20,000 people there, but there were thousands of people there no doubt. And when Maxine Waters, Martin Sheen, and Jerry Quickly and the rest of the speakers were giving their inspiring speeches (I love Maxine Waters by the way and Jerry is a hero of mine) the crowd filled the street all the way to Hollywood and Highland.

I just noticed that ANSWER deemed the LA and San Francisco rallys as the two biggest in the country, hence the title. I took about 300 pictures, but don't worry I won't make you look at them all. I'll be writing some more about the event as soon as I get some much needed rest.

The tide is turning. If you want to read more about the world wide events or even see some very good local coverage, I'd recommend Indy media or the ANSWER website. And come back here to check out my upcoming posts on the event. I need some sleep. Good night all.

One more thing: if you participated in a rally and are writing about it in your blog, please leave me a link, send me an email, let me know. I haven't even bothered to see what kind of coverage that wacky and crazy liberal media gave the events, but I'm sure it was just SUPER. LOL. Let me know, thanks.

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • Maverick McCain's "straight-talk" on the third ann...
  • How simple it looked to the faith-based visionarie...
  • Aftermath of the youth boot camp lynch-murder
  • The Bush message on the Iraq War: Lower your expec...
  • Observing the anniversary of the start of the Long...
  • The Path of Peace
  • How is the GWOT going?
  • Iraq the abyss
  • Restricting Christian extremists who hate America,...
  • Rummy's World

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com