Thursday, April 20, 2006

Spring

There’s a lot happening in DC this week, but I’ve been unable to write about it because I think I totally fried my key board. I was eating one of those sprinkled donuts, and a big chunk of sprinkles fell into my keyboard and got stuck under my spacebar, and when I pried off the little plastic cover, I think I damaged the electronic part, and it didn’t help when I used my paperweight to try and pound the plastic piece back in place. I borrowed my partner’s notebook because I felt a bit guilty about not posting anything this week. My partner’s notebook is tiny, it’s smaller than my head, and I should try to use just one hand to type, because I keep missing the letters. The screen is so small that I am squinting to see what I’ve written, but at least I have spaces and my thoughts are not running all together like they do in my head.

In Washington, everything is in bloom, and there is a feeling of hope in the air. The polls for the midterm elections look promising, and the administration is dumping the dead weight. Karl Rove has been sent to the minor leagues, and there are rumors of pending indictments. You can’t quite count the Administration or the Republicans out, it’s still early, but there is hope that we can get these guys out of office before they start another war. November is critical, the sooner we can restore some sort of balance of power, before one of them pushes the nuke button.

Spring is wonderful, but my guy Victor hasn’t shown up to cut the lawn. The grass is really tall, and the neighbors are starting to give me looks. Maybe Victor’s visa expired, and he got put on a bus back to Guatemala. I’m supposed to find some neighborhood kid to cut my lawn? These kids all have trust funds that make my 401k look like a piggy bank, and besides, they all go to Europe for the summer. Are these insane Republicans really going to deport all these guys? Who do they think will take these jobs? In Washington, the minimum wage wouldn’t pay the electric bill. I’m telling you, I work in the food service business, and I’ve never even offered a new hire minimum wage, because you get what you pay for, and if you pay someone sub-poverty wages, you’re going to get sub-standard work. Hmmn…..maybe I should give Victor a raise?

If he’s not on the bus back to Guatemala, I will. Hey a guy who shows up to cut your lawn is worth it.

posted at 7:41:00 PM by Tankwoman

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • The Evil Empire
  • Project for a New World Century
  • Worst President?
  • Iraq War: "A Litany of Errors"
  • Steve Gilliard vs. La Zorra
  • Bush and Ahmadinejad
  • Sic 'em, Karl!
  • The GWOT ain't the Second World War
  • The American Empire
  • Get The "H" (Heaven) Out Of My Life

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com