Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Republican Hall of Shame

As a reader has pointed out to me, you can't compare all Republicans to Ann Coulter, and you can't say that all Republicans are bigots. But here is what I can say.

While you can't compare all Republicans to Fred Phelps, it is a fact easily verified by the Congressional record, that most Republicans are anti-gay, and most of them have voted to deny people like myself and my partner the right to marry like any other American, and denied us the protections automatically given to straight couples under the law. If I die, unless I spend the extra money to legally entitle my partner to rights of survivorship of our home, my family can legally throw her out of her own home. Unless I keep my retirement funds safe in a pay on death account, my family can take all of my savings, and leave the person who has put up with me for all of these years with nothing. My family can take my physical possessions, pictures and letters, and leave the most important person in my life with no memories. Without spending the extra money to designate my partner for life as having the final say about when it's time to pull the plug, my Catholic mother might keep me in a vegetative state for years, having some old nun in a nursing home wiping the drool from my chin, and turning me over every three hours.

The yea votes on the marriage amendment were overwhelmingly Republican.

Alexander (R-TN),Allard (R-CO),Allen (R-VA),Bennett (R-UT),Bond (R-MO),Brownback (R-KS),Bunning (R-KY),Burns (R-MT),Burr (R-NC),Byrd (D-WV),Chambliss (R-GA),Coburn (R-OK),Cochran (R-MS),Coleman (R-MN),Cornyn (R-TX),Craig (R-ID),Crapo (R-ID), DeMint (R-SC),DeWine (R-OH),Dole (R-NC),Domenici (R-NM),Ensign (R-NV),Enzi (R-WY),Frist (R-TN),Graham (R-SC),Grassley (R-IA),Hatch (R-UT),Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK),Isakson (R-GA),Kyl (R-AZ),Lott (R-MS),Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL), McConnell (R-KY),Murkowski (R-AK),Nelson (D-NE),Roberts (R-KS),Santorum (R-PA),Sessions (R-AL),Shelby (R-AL),Smith (R-OR),Stevens (R-AK),Talent (R-MO),Thomas (R-WY),Thune (R-SD),Vitter (R-LA),Voinovich (R-OH),Warner (R-VA).

I've got two words to describe Republicans. F-ing Bigots. The statistics speak for themselves.

| +Save/Share | |




FEATURED QUOTE

"It is the logic of our times
No subject for immortal verse
That we who lived by honest dreams
Defend the bad against the worse."


-- Cecil Day-Lewis from Where Are The War Poets?


ABOUT US

  • What is the Blue Voice?
  • Bruce Miller
  • Fdtate
  • Marcia Ellen (on hiatus)
  • Marigolds2
  • Neil
  • Tankwoman
  • Wonky Muse

  • RECENT POSTS

  • Where are the Americans?
  • Failed States
  • Iran War?
  • Bobo's been bad, or, FOXists vs. Left Blogostan
  • Choose Your Weapon
  • Maybe We Should Call It Off This Year...
  • Change the Direction
  • Rush the pill-popper
  • Catching terrorists
  • Those Devilish Details

  • ARCHIVES




    RECENT COMMENTS

    [Tip: Point cursor to any comment to see title of post being discussed.]
    SEARCH THIS SITE
    Google
    www TBV

    BLUE'S NEWS





    ACT BLUE











    BLUE LINKS

    Environmental Links
    Gay/Lesbian Links
    News & Media Links
    Organization Links
    Political Links
    Religious Links
    Watchdog Links

    BLUE ROLL


    MISCELLANEOUS

    Atom/XML Feed
    Blogarama - Blog Directory
    Blogwise - blog directory

    Blogstreet
    Haloscan


    Blogger

    hits since 06-13-2005

    site design: wonky muse
    image: fpsoftlab.com